I just can’t get enough of that K A L E and therefore I had to share this easy kale salad recipe with you. I know that it wasn’t more than two days ago that I shared this kale salad with beets but I hope you don’t mind. Maybe some of you are even as big a kale fan as I am and then I’m sure you won’t!
This kale salad includes a very special ingredient… can you guess what? It’s nothing fancy or superfood-like but it’s just that one ingredient that makes the whole difference! Crispy, salty and perfectly greasy.
You’ve probably guessed it (or scrolled down to look at the recipe!) – B A C O N!
Kale and bacon are simply just a match made in heaven. You can’t really go wrong with this combo and especially not in company with a nice Dijon mustard dressing and sweet figs.
- 7 oz (200 gr.) very finely chopped kale (make sure you only use the leaves that are stripped of the stems )
- 3.5 oz (100 gr.) slices of bacon
- 4-5 dried figs
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. agave syrup or acacia honey
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Optional! Fried eggs
- Start by making the dressing.
- Mix the olive oil with Dijon mustard, agave syrup and vinegar. Pour it over the the finely chopped kale and mix well.
- Place the bacon slices on a baking sheet with baking paper and bake them in the oven until they are nice and crisp. Put the crispy slices onto a piece of paper towel to absorb some of the excess fat. Cut it afterwards into very small pieces.
- Chop the figs coarsely.
- Mix the chopped bacon and figs with the kale salad and serve the salad as a side dish to meat or even for breakfast with a fried egg on top. It's really, really good!
An easy kale salad recipe for breakfast
I’ve actually eaten this kale salad for breakfast a few times with a fried egg on top and it’s the best way to start the day! Lots of fibres and protein and a minimal amount of fast carbs. Perfect! Plus it’ll keep you full for a loooong time. So, goodbye cereals (at least for a while) and HELLO kale!