I just love these vegetarian patties with carrot. The combination of carrot and feta cheese and the spiciness of the cumin is perfect, and these vegetarian patties is a great substitute for your traditional meat patties. Actually, I am sure you probably won’t even miss the meat in your meal because these veggie patties satisfies your tastebuds in so many ways. Do I sound enthusiastic? Well, I am! I love to make vegetarian patties with for example beans or quinoa but this version with carrot is my favorite!
- 10.6 oz grated carrot
- Approximately 2.6 oz Chickpea flour
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 oz. Feta
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. parsley
- 3 tbsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mix the grated carrots with eggs, crumbled feta cheese, finely chopped parsley and coriander, salt, cumin and plenty of freshly ground pepper.
- Mix the chickpea flour in and stir well. Now you should to have a slightly wet but still cohesive dough that you can form with your hands.
- Form small meatballs gently with your hands and fry until crisp in a pan with olive oil. First at high heat, so they will be nice and crispy and then lower the heat.
- Fry until finished and serve the wonderful vegetarian patties with a delicious dip.
Vegetarian patties + burger = Great match!
These vegetarian patties don’t contain any refined flour but instead I have used chickpea flour, which is a high protein flour that works really well in these patties and brings a great sweetness to them.
The patties can be eaten together with a nice salad or you can put them in your burger. I’ve actually put them in a low carb burger where I substituted the bun with oven baked slices of aubergine and it was wonderful. Try also mixing together a little dressing with sour cream, garlic and some fresh coriander and serve it with your vegetarian patties. It is great!