If there is something I love, it’s a healthy avocado breakfast! It really doesn’t get any better than that. I eat avocado in so many different ways and I love to eat it both for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love the creaminess, the mild taste and I of course love the fact that it’s soooo good for my body.
I can’t think of anything better than to incorporate avocado into my very first meal of the day and I do that quite often making all kinds of lovely healthy avocado breakfasts. This time I’ve used these beauties together with some very typical Nordic ingredients.
Healthy Avocado Breakfast with a Nordic Twist
I’ve used the avocado in two different ways – mashed and sliced and then served it on some Danish rye crispbread. Rye is fantastic because it’s a more slow carb that doesn’t have the same affect on your blood sugar as white flour.
And then I’ve used a truly Nordic ingredient – smoked cheese! It’s a traditional Danish sour milk cheese that has been smoked with hay and tastes amazing. If you ever come to Denmark make sure to try it! I know it’s difficult to get a hold of outside of our little country so you can easily substitute it with cottage cheese or any other kind of sour milk cheese. I hope you’ll enjoy!
Healthy Avocado Breakfast
- 2 pieces of rye crispbread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of smoked cheese (or if you can't get a hold of it cottage cheese or feta cheese)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mash half a ripe avocado with salt and some pepper and spread it out on the rye crispbread. Fry the egg on a hot pan and place it on top of the mashed avocado.
- Top the other rye crispbread with smoked cheese or any other kind of sour milk cheese and finish off with some slices of avocado.
- Sprinkle the two pieces of crispbread with fresh chives and a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper and serve your healthy avocado breakfast.