Here’s a very satiating pear and gorgonzola salad. My version is also a salad with rye berries, which we eat a lot in Denmark. It’s a great side dish, but could also be served as a starter or even a main course, if you double the recipe.
Pear and gorgonzola salad – the ultimate combo!
The combination of gorgonzola and pear works just perfect, and I suggest using the best seasonal salad available. The lemon-roasted nuts are also amazing in itself and can easily be used in other dishes as well for example in desserts.
Pear and Gorgonzola salad with rye berries and lemon-roasted nuts
The best Pear and Gorgonzola salad with rye berries that is a sure crowdpleaser!
- 1 pear
- 2 good slices of gorgonzola
- 0.4 cup cooked pearl rye / “rye berries.”
- 2 large handfuls of mixed lettuce
- olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
Lemon roasted nuts
- 1 handful of walnuts and almonds
- 1 tsp. acacia honey
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 390 °F
- Halve the pear and remove seeds. Top each half with two slices of gorgonzola.
- Bake the pears for 20 to 25 minutes, until the gorgonzola is melted.
- In a heated pan, melt butter and sauté walnuts and almonds, lemon zest and add the honey and cook until the mixture begins to caramelize.
- Prepare the rinsed and dried lettuce by tearing into bite size pieces and place evenly over two plates. Hint: if you do not have a lettuce spinner, lay the leaves of the lettuce on a clean kitchen towel, cover completely with the same size of another clean kitchen towel.
- Place the half pear with melted gorgonzola on top of the lettuce on each salad base and sprinkle with pearl rye and lemon-roasted nuts.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and freshly ground pepper to taste. Yield 2 servings.
Leave a Reply